We all have a story – a story shaped by the decisions we make throughout our lives. My story was forever changed in 1983. Why? Because that is when Alpha Xi Delta became a part of it. I could not have known at the time that by choosing Alpha Xi Delta I would actually be taking the first steps toward writing exciting new chapters in the story of my life. The WKU Greek community has a story as well, and Alpha Xi Delta is a part of that story during our time on campus from 1967 to 1993. I hope that within these pages you find just cause to decide that Alpha Xi Delta will be once again, “Your Next Chapter.”Alpha Xi Delta’s alumnae in the Bowling Green area are energized at the thought of reestablishing our Epsilon Kappa Chapter, and I share their enthusiasm. In fact, our more than 400 Epsilon Kappa Chapter members have longed for the day when their beloved chapter would return to the Hill. Their connective thread, however, remains their dedication to Alpha Xi Delta. With local alumnae support such an important part of the success of any colony, I am confident Alpha Xi Delta will thrive at Western Kentucky University.
All that I know about the WKU Greek community leads me to the conclusion that Alpha Xi Delta will be an outstanding addition to it. A review of the programming and opportunities available to Greek organizations is enough to show me that we have a shared vision for all that a Panhellenic organization can and should be. Your campus dynamic is very similar to that of many Alpha Xi Delta chapters, and I feel confident that Alpha Xi Delta can use her bold, talented alumnae base, cutting-edge programming and proven colonization procedures to establish a chapter that will be a natural complement to the Western Kentucky University Greek community.
Every colony begins as a blank page. To partner with the WKU Greek community to fill that page with a story that will inspire women to realize their potential would be an honor for Alpha Xi Delta.
Interfraternally,

Deanna Detchemendy
Alpha Xi Delta National President